Re: How to restore the layout?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: How to restore the layout?
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 16:07:52 +0200

>> We already earlier agreed with Juanma that this will only restore
>> the default frame size of the present session.
>
> Then there are no more problems (and I don't understand what was that
> discussion about, but I don't have to).

We discussed whether we could do any better without too much overhead.

>> I think we should do what can be done easily, like restoring the last
>> previous sizes (as Juanma does already).
>
> If they can be restored, yes.  If they can't, leave them at the size
> the window manager manages to produce.

Restoring the "size" is not overly difficult.  With pixelwise resizing
it should be even precise.  What we cannot do easily is restoring the
"state" as Jan calls it.  In particular, the state where the window
manager remembers (and subsequently can restore) the normal size of a
maximized frame.

martin