Re: How to restore the layout?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: How to restore the layout?
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 11:20:53 -0400

>> That's not my experience (running a local patch which delays creation
>> of the initial frame until after loading the .emacs, tho not if the
>> initial frame is on a tty).
> In that case, I'd suggest installing that patch.

But that will break many people's .emacs since things like frame-width
won't do the same as before (admittedly, some of those people have already
fixed their .emacs in order to use the daemon, but I still suspect that
many users would be affected).
OTOH we could make it conditional on a cmdline argument or an env-var.

>> Fine by me.  Maybe we should enable it by default, even.
> It's a bit rough, let's try with it disabled so volunteers can experiment.

OK.

        Stefan