Re: How to restore the layout?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: How to restore the layout?
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 11:00:48 +0200

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 10:05 AM, martin rudalics <address@hidden> wrote:

> Handling the minibuffer parameter associations OTOH seems tedious: IIUC
> we'd have to give each saved window an identity, assign that identity in
> `window-state-get', and have the saved frame minibuffer parameters
> reference that identity if necessary.  Then we'd have to do a
> `set-frame-parameter' to restore the original relationship from saved
> identities in `window-state-put'.

Yes, it is tedious, but whether it is worth it depends on the users of
unusual minibuffer setups. We want the window save/restore feature to
be as useful and less disruptive as possible.

For example, I think it would be good to also save&restore the
buffer-list (and perhaps buried-buffer-list) parameter(s), to make the
post-restore experience as similar to the pre-save one as possible.
That would be quite tedious, but it is doable.