Re: non-local exits with signal and condition-case

From: Davis Herring
Subject: Re: non-local exits with signal and condition-case
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 09:54:24 -0600

> In this example, I could be in trouble is make-page ever returns
> anything. So I could throw a cons with a type indicator (say, :redirect)
> and check for the type in the when. But that is a lot more work.

In this case, why not just have make-page return nil if it sent the page
and the redirect target otherwise?  If it had some other return value
that you wanted to ignore in this case, on the other hand, you can just
put "nil" as an additional form in the catch.  (Granted: these functions
are unusual in that they are side-effect-only.)

Davis

shipping.