Re: Posix build on Windows: parallel `make' broken

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Posix build on Windows: parallel `make' broken
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2013 21:10:08 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> It seems that MSYS is the culprit, because after putting make.exe
>> 3.82.90 into an ancient MSYS 1.0.11 install (plus msys-iconv-2.dll and
>> msys-intl-8.dll which make depends on) parallel builds work.
>
> mingw-get can downgrade, but I don't remember the command syntax,
> sorry.

No need to apologize, this issue is not your fault.

As you noted that mingw-get can downgrade, after a bit of investigation
this did the trick for me:

mingw-get install --reinstall --recursive msys-core=1.0.17-1

(must be executed on a DOS prompt, with no MSYS stuff (shells, etc)
running.)

BTW, I confirmed that make.exe version 3.81 available through mingw-get
(package name msys-make) supports parallel builds.