Re: SES local variables to define printers

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: SES local variables to define printers
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 13:15:11 -0400

> I need the symbol, because for instance if the symbol is ses-dashfill or
> math-format-value, then I would directly call the corresponding
> symbol-function rather than indexing the hash map.

In ses-cell, you look up the map.  If the name is found, then it's
deemed a reference to a local function, regardless of whether it also
exists as a normal function.  If it isn't found, then it's deemed
a reference to a global function.

Of course, this presumes that the map is setup before we process the
ses-cell calls.

> So I need some trick to know whether the symbol is a function name or a
> printer function.

The trick is to lookup the local printer map.

        Stefan