Re: Bootstrap deleted DOC-nnn file

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Bootstrap deleted DOC-nnn file
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 11:46:19 +0900

Eli Zaretskii writes:

 > Perhaps you should switch to Windows, then: it won't let you delete a
 > file that is in use.

POSIX won't, either: POSIX semantics for rm(1) just deletes a
directory entry.  The file storage gets GC'd (more or less) when
nobody is using it.  The problem here is that a file *not* in use is
deleted, but the user wants to access it by name after that.

I suspect that bootstrap-clean accesses a file-in-use (specifically,
the dumped executable) before getting to DOC, so "use Windows" might
save the day here.

However, since Richard is experiencing the problem, we can assume a
switch to Windows is not an acceptable resolution. :-)