Re: use of `user-error'

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: use of `user-error'
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 19:56:34 +0200

Hi,

I really would like to discuss these questions raised by Drew (see
at the bottom, shortened!).

I would love to have `debug-on-error' bound to t all the time, to get an
immediate backtrace of errors that happen very rarely and are hard to
reproduce.  But getting a popped up debugger every time I hit a wrong
key or did something obviously wrong by accident is a pain in the ass.

So, can we try to substitute the appropriate occurrences of `error' by
`user-error', or are there any things that prevent us from doing that?

Thanks,

Michael.