Re: Google Summer of Code - some ideas

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code - some ideas
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 01:05:51 +0200

Hi Aurélien,

Aurélien Aptel <address@hidden> writes:

> I completely understand. I took a *long* pause after it and I kind of
> let you down, sorry.

Well, no harm at all, as I told you I realized that my expectations
were perhaps a bit too idealistic -- it's just normal to take a break,
and there was no let down, I was just wondering what I could have done
to keep you (and other GSoC-ers) in the loop.

> I was (and still am) not satisfied with the
> design of org-sync and was reluctant to work more on it. But now that
> I have more time I actually started to work again on it. I'll talk
> about it more with you off-list.

Please do!

>> It's fine, because obviously there is no obligation here, and maybe
>> I was a bit naive about this -- I had this picture that finally we'll
>> work as a close team with all those new GSoC students (3 just for Org!)
>
> I'm sorry you felt "used", it was definitely not my intention :)
> On the other hand, the gsoc made me more confident and Emacs did gain
> a new (albeit very small) contributor !

Yes, hence my reiterated encouragements for this next GSoC,
after all, this is a learning process!

Best,

--
 Bastien