Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 22:21:36 +0200

>>   Checking c:/emacs/build/leim/quail/ARRAY30.el ...
>>   Checking c:/emacs/build/leim/quail/4Corner.el ...
>>

>> I see no new input after a good while, and when I look at the task
>> manager, I see a process called "bootstrap-emacs.exe" that is taking a
>> constant portion of 25% of the CPU time.
>>
>> I've cancelled the build process after more than 47 minutes.  :(
>
> I think I see the problem.  Try replacing this line from
> leim/Makefile.in:
>
>             --eval "(update-leim-list-file \".\" \"${srcdir}\")" ; \
>
> with this:
>
>             --eval "(update-leim-list-file \".\" (reveal-filename
> \"${srcdir}\"))" ; \
>
> and also add the following function to subr.el:
>
> (defun reveal-filename (file)
>   "Produce the real file name for FILE.
>
> On systems other than MS-Windows, just returns FILE.
> On MS-Windows, converts /d/foo/bar form of file names
> passed by MSYS Make into d:/foo/bar that Emacs can grok.
>
> This function is called from lisp/Makefile."
>   (when (and (eq system-type 'windows-nt)
>              (string-match "\\`/[a-zA-Z]/" file))
>     (setq file (concat (substring file 1 2) ":" (substring file 2))))
>   file)

With the above changes, "make" now completes its work successfully.  (good!)

I've also done a "make install", and it has been successful too, apparently.

I've done a quick test, and the newly built Emacs seems to work well.
The only strange thing I've noticed so far is that double-clicking on
"runemacs.exe" brings up the Emacs frame, but the text terminal is
also visible, exactly as if I were clicked on "emacs.exe" instead of
"runemacs.exe".

--
Dani Moncayo