Re: Weird behavior and crash with X and TTY frame

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Weird behavior and crash with X and TTY frame
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 18:40:06 +0300

> Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 19:18:44 +0400
> From: Dmitry Antipov <address@hidden>
> Cc: Emacs development discussions <address@hidden>
>
> Yes, but the same trick with two X frames doesn't crash at least

It's not a crash, it's a deliberate abort.

> first C-g on X frame 2 cancels popup raised on frame 1 and resumes
> normal event processing loop.

Because C-g input to a GUI frame is delivered to Emacs as SIGIO, while
to a TTY frame it is delivered as SIGINT.  The processing is very
different, and AFAIU cannot be the same, because these two signals
have very different attributes on Posix systems.

See my other message, which described what happens here in more
detail.