Re: Copyright/Distribution questions (Emacs/Orgmode)

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: Copyright/Distribution questions (Emacs/Orgmode)
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 13:46:24 +0530

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Jambunathan,
>
> I'm quoting: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/69536
>
>> Advice for potential contributors:
>> ----------------------------------
>>
>> Think before signing a Future Assignment.  Why write a blank cheque and
>> have RMS run behind you with "this is a diff to Emacs and all your code
>> is mine."
>
> This is not a fair thing to say.

What is wrong if I ask people to think for themselves.  I did not say
"Refrain", I said "Think".  That remark was made *before* Richard's mail
stating that FSF is willing to consider selective non-assignment.

> If you want to continue showing disrespect for Emacs authors and
> contributors, take these remarks out of the GNU mailing lists.

I will not leave without also trying to take my code out.

> Past contributions don't buy you a right to waste Emacs contributors
> time.  As for future contributions, I strongly recommend the community
> not to accept any of them.

Question is about my changes to ox-html.el and ox-odt.el.  What is your
answer?  I haven't got an actionable answer.