Re: On the subject of Git, Bazaar, and the future of Emacs development

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: On the subject of Git, Bazaar, and the future of Emacs development
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 14:30:26 +0200

    >The point is, I am trying to determine whether Bzr is effectively
    >maintained or not.  I'd rather get a Yes answer than a No answer.

    Given that Bazaar is GPL v2 and the contributor agreement is not that
onerous
    IMHO (e.g. you retain copyright to your contributed changes), what's
stopping
    the user community from stepping up to help to maintain it, just like any
    other free software?

Not that onerous?  The Canonical Individual Contributor License
Agreement requires you to explicitly authorise Canonical to license the
contributed software under a proprietary license.  See section 2.3 of
the agreement.

--
Jose E. Marchesi         http://www.jemarch.net
GNU Project              http://www.gnu.org