Re: On the subject of Git, Bazaar, and the future of Emacs development

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: On the subject of Git, Bazaar, and the future of Emacs development
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 00:20:48 -0400

    I am surprised no one has mentioned in this thread the parade of
    erstwhile bzr developers (including Martin Pool) who have admitted on
    the bzr mailing list that they have abandoned the project and why.

I know that Martin Pool no longer works on Bzr.  He never told me why,
but I think that Canonical decided to stop funding its development
very much.

I don't have time to read the Bzr mailing list.  Or any development
mailing list.  The only such list I am on is this one, and the only
reason I can be on this ls is that I don't follow most of the questions
that come up.  You might as well tell me to fly to the moon as tell
me to read something on the Bzr list.

I read http://stationary-traveller.eu/pages/bzr-a-retrospective.html
before.  It says many useful things but does not say anything about
the crucial question: whether Bzr is maintained enough or not.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation