Re: On the subject of Git, Bazaar, and the future of Emacs development

From: Michael Welsh Duggan
Subject: Re: On the subject of Git, Bazaar, and the future of Emacs development
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 00:15:07 -0400

"John Wiegley" <address@hidden> writes:

> We have often debated the merits of Git vs. Bazaar, and which one the GNU
> project should use for Emacs development.  I think now is an appropriate time
> to revisit this decision.

I see these Git versus Bazaar arguments pop up every now and then on
this forum.  I must admit my experience with Git has been better than
that with Bazaar, but I have to ask, why isn't Mercurial being
considered?  From a license perspective, Mercurial is GPLv2+, while Git
is GPLv2.  I found Mercurial's command-line UI much easier to learn and
understand than Git, and I believe the two are fairly comparable in
power.

Or maybe I should just shut up before I start a new round of endless
DCVS discussion...

--
Michael Welsh Duggan
(address@hidden)