Re: GNU ELPA

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: GNU ELPA
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 20:33:05 +0400

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> I'd also like to know the current state of affairs.
>
> It's described in elpa/packages/README.

>> company-pkg.el was updated ~12 hours ago, yet the new version of the
>> package still hasn't been built.
>
> The cron job is run once per day, so you may have to wait up to 24h.
> Also, the cron job may fail if the copyright lines aren't right.

Thank you. The rebuild interval doesn't seem to be mentioned in README,
though.

Could you also advise on my current problem with company/.dir-locals.el?

I added it to the repository, because Emacs committers sometimes install
changes into elpa branch directly.

And yesterday I added there a setting for
`emacs-lisp-docstring-fill-column', to honor the existing formatting in
docstrings, and it's not safe-local by default.

Should I remove the file, the variable from it, or can we add an
exception to not add .dir-locals.el to packages?