Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r112045: * doc-view.el Fix bug#13

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r112045: * doc-view.el Fix bug#13887.
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 09:23:44 -0400

>>> +             ;; We're not already displaying an image, so this is the
>>> +             ;; initial window showing the document.
>>> +             (run-with-timer nil nil
>>> +                             (lambda ()
>>> +                       ;; In case a conversion is running, the
>>> +                       ;; refresh will happen as defined by
>>> +                       ;; `doc-view-conversion-refresh-interval'.
>>> +                               (unless doc-view-current-converter-processes
>>> +                         (with-selected-window (car winprops)
>>> +                           (doc-view-goto-page 1)))))
>> I don't understand the scenario in which this doc-view-goto-page would
>> be needed.
> This is the case where the document is initially shown in a window.

I must admit I do not know what you mean precisely with the above sentence.

> My change to `doc-view-insert-image' prevents insertion of image data
> if the window isn't shown,

Do you mean "if the window is not *live*" or "if the *buffer* isn't shown"?

> and here the `doc-view-goto-page' call will do just that.

But between the moment you checked window-live-p and the moment you run
the above timer, if the buffer ends up displayed, there must have been
an operation that ran window-configuration-change-hook.

So IIUC this doc-view-goto-page shouldn't be required because the
window-configuration-change-hook should have caused an equivalent
doc-view-goto-page already.

> I've adjusted the comment accordingly.

Thanks,

        Stefan