Re: Copyright/Distribution questions (Emacs/Orgmode)

From: Allen S. Rout
Subject: Re: Copyright/Distribution questions (Emacs/Orgmode)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 15:21:47 -0400

On 03/13/2013 02:32 PM, Richard Stallman wrote:

> Our normal future assignment contract covers all changes to Emacs.
> Whether it is considered a "contribution" or a "fork" is not a
> criterion.

It might be appropriate to articulate the procedure by which someone
could bring force to a change of opinion about their future work.  It
seems wrong to claim that this assignment relationship is irrevocable,
that it lays claim without limitation to all related work in the
person's lifetime.

I had interpreted the "thirty days' prior written notice" clause as the
clause under which the assignment could be revoked, thus marking an end
to the "Work".  On further reading, this doesn't seem to be the case.

- Allen S. Rout