Re: Copyright/Distribution questions (Emacs/Orgmode)

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: Copyright/Distribution questions (Emacs/Orgmode)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 09:53:34 +0530

> Karl Fogel writes:
>
>  > As a purely legal question: I am not a lawyer, and this is not legal
>  > advice, but I don't believe you can retroactively withdraw your
>  > copyright assignment
>
> Be careful.  One clearly can't "withdraw the assignment" on files that
> Emacs has received,

Emacs hasn't received my files.  It is part of Org-8.0's mainline.  I
want to selectively withhold assignment for just those two files and not
for my other contributions to Emacs.

I will propose and re-visit the assignment in favor of FSF and inclusion
in GNU ELPA, after a substantial period has passed.

I am striking (think, "workers strike").  Free software will continue to
have my sympathies, FWIW.  I don't want to support or continue
contributing to Orgmode as long as the current maintainer is reigning.
IMNSHO - others agreeing or disagreeing with my opinion doesn't matter
to me, I make my own conclusions - he is acting in a way that is *not*
in the interest of Orgmode in the long run.

I can make assignment come at some future date - a future dated cheque,
so to speak - even as I right.