Re: Copyright/Distribution questions (Emacs/Orgmode)

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: Copyright/Distribution questions (Emacs/Orgmode)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 08:44:22 +0530

Stefan

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>> I would like to withdraw my pleasure in having these files distributed
>> as part of Org distribution.  I would like to register my displeasure in
>> a substantial way.
>
> If you say that those files should not be covered by your existing
> assignment, then we respect this (of course, that needs to be done
> beforehand).

I want to selectively withhold the assignment for just those two files.
Those files haven't hit Emacs repo yet.

ox-html.el - Multiple authorship (I am one of the principal authors)
ox-odt.el  - I am the sole author

I intend to continue contributing to Emacs and I will re-visit my
assignment decision in 6 months to 1 year time.

Let me know what I should do.

> Of course, it'd be better to resolve the disagreement.

I have tried.  (org-odt.el landed in Emacs precisely because I didn't
want to push far.)

I want to register my protest in a substantial way.  Current maintainer
of Orgmode has been acting in a way that creates tremendous friction for
contributions from me and other parties.

Jambunathan K.