Re: M-x add-release-logs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: M-x add-release-logs
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 21:22:05 -0500

>> There will never (...) be a release where code changes happened on the
>> same day as the release.
> Never say "never".  From emacs-23.1/src/ChangeLog:

When trying to "reverse engineer" a CVS tag to represent "the files used
to build the tarball" of earlier Emacs versions (which I did for 19.34
and a few others) I found out that Eli is right.

Still, I don't think it's a big issue nowadays, so I think it's OK to
only add it to the top-level ChangeLog.  OTOH I do think that the commit
that added "Version 24.2 released" should be merged into the emacs-24
branch (and subsequently into the trunk) such that this tag appears in
all subsequent releases.

        Stefan