Re: M-x add-release-logs

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: M-x add-release-logs
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 14:08:33 -0500

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> If the relevant ChangeLog doesn't have the "Emacs XX.YY released"
> entry, how it will help me?

I assumed you meant the most recent change to a file in that particular
release, which is obviously just whatever the most recent entry is.

If you meant "if I have the Emacs 24.7 tarfile, and want to know what
the last change to subdir/foo.el was in Emacs 24.1, without either the
24.1 tarfile or a copy of the repository", then first you would have to
hope that 24.7 and 24.1 came from the same branch, and then you would
just look at the top-level ChangeLog (rather than subdir/ChangeLog) in
24.7 to get the release date for 24.1.