read-from-minibuffer vs completing-read -- Cueing Users:

From: T. V. Raman
Subject: read-from-minibuffer vs completing-read -- Cueing Users:
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 11:57:26 -0800

As a long-time emacs user, I always see if there are completions
available in the minibuffer -- so the worst that happens is that
I get disappointed if I am answering a read-from-minibuffer
prompt  -- thinking of this, I realized   that there is a good
chance  that new-comers to Emacs do a lot worse in the other
direction, i.e. never realize that completions are available.
Should we be cueing this somehow in the prompt -- (are  we
already cueing the user visually?)
vs a completing-read prompt

--
Best Regards,