Re: h_errno?

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: h_errno?
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:09:14 -0800

On 02/15/2013 02:19 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> I guess most of w32 functions that set h_errno can stop doing
> that now.

If memory serves, h_errno is part of an obsolete POSIX
interface that Emacs no longer uses now, if the platform
supports the current POSIX interface.  As I understand it,
the w32 code emulates the obsolete interface, so if the
policy is to emulate the interface rather than do the
minimal work needed to support Emacs, then w32 code needs to
set h_errno when it emulates that interface.

The declaration of h_errno isn't needed in src/process.c;
it's a leftover from some old code that was removed.  So I
removed the unused decl in trunk bzr 111791.