Re: Unuseful keybindings

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Unuseful keybindings
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 12:19:07 +0200

>> Actually there are two problems:
>>
>> 1. The above mentioned problem occurs only on non-GTK builds.
>>   When I tried to use xprop for a maximized frame its output was:
>>   _NET_WM_STATE(ATOM) = _NET_WM_STATE_MAXIMIZED_VERT,
>> _NET_WM_STATE_MAXIMIZED_HORZ
>
> Sounds like we don't get property notify or does not handle it correctly.
> Probably a bug.  Can you file a bug report?

Done as bug#13426.

>> 2. On GTK builds there is another problem: evaluating
>>
>>   (set-frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen 'fullscreen)
>>
>>   modifies the frame parameter `fullscreen' to `fullboth',
>>   not to `fullscreen' as requested.  In this case xprop outputs:
>>   _NET_WM_STATE(ATOM) = _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN
>

> This is normal, fullscreen is just an alias for fullboth.

But the problem is that the second call of
(set-frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen 'fullscreen)
modifies the frame parameter `fullscreen' from `fullboth' to `fullscreen'.
So to go to `fullscreen' requires two calls of
(set-frame-parameter nil 'fullscreen 'fullscreen)

Maybe `toggle-frame-fullscreen' should check for `fullboth' as an alias
for `fullscreen' to fix this.