Re: Proposal for a new mechanism for delayed stuff

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: Proposal for a new mechanism for delayed stuff
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 11:49:54 +0100

Am 27.12.2012 05:08, schrieb Stephen J. Turnbull:
"break" seems to be the obvious choice of inline syntactic keyword.
Since this is Lisp, I guess its semantics would need to be extended to
"break and return value".

All languages I know that have a syntactic "break" use it to modify local control flow. Unless I missed some vital part of the discussion, we'd want to terminate an async process that has used up the time budget alotted to it. So I don't see "break" as an obvious nor appropriate choice.

--
Achim.

(on the road :-)