Re: Two strange messages while building Emacs on MS-Windows

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: Re: Two strange messages while building Emacs on MS-Windows
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 11:37:37 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> This machine was 98% idle when I timed the bootstrap.

fencepost is a Xen virtual machine so even if it's idle, the hardware
itself may not be.

> According to http://www.cpubenchmark.net, the CPU marks of the
> machines mentioned in this thread are, top to bottom:

>   Intel Core i7-2600      8,628
>   AMD Opteron 6128        4,999
>   Intel Core i5-2410M     3,186
>   Intel Core2 Quad Q6600  2,941
>   Intel Core 2 duo T9300  1,709

FWIW, on my Core i7-2600 (4 cores, 8 threads), `make -j16 bootstrap'
runs in about 1m30s:

  403.12s user 20.83s system 463% cpu 1:31.37 total

Fast enough to always do a clean build from a pristine source tree and be
spared strange bootstrap errors...