Re: [ELPA-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/elpa r312: Update AUCTeX ELPA package to

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [ELPA-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/elpa r312: Update AUCTeX ELPA package to the new 11.87 release.
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 16:26:14 -0500

> Do you have a better idea?

Use elpa/packages/auctex as the official upstream.

> We are planning to migrate to some DVCS anytime soon, but since AUCTeX
> is expected to work with all Emacs versions >= 21.x plus XEmacs >=
> 21.4.x, there's no way to develop it only as a part of emacs in its
> bzr repo, although that would be very nice from a maintenance point
> of view.

I don't see what prevents it.  AFAICT it still contains all the backward
compatibility code that's in CVS and nobody asked to remove it.
If there are a couple more xemacs-specific files, I have no objection to
you adding them.  The only remaining problem I can imagine is for those
few files which aren't FSF-copyright and hence aren't in the ELPA
package, but IIUC these are obsoletish and could just be dropped (noone
complained about them missing from the ELPA version).

        Stefan