Re: [ELPA-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/elpa r312: Update AUCTeX ELPA package to

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [ELPA-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/elpa r312: Update AUCTeX ELPA package to the new 11.87 release.
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 08:29:36 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> I have some questions about copyright in your latest AUCTeX update.
>
> What is the copyright status of the following new files:
>
> - psfig.el, epsf.el, latexinfo.el (Gemis is not found in copyright.list)?
> - dinbrief.el (Werner Fink is not found in copyright.list)?
> - prosper.el (Philippe Lord has papers on file for Emacs, but Nevin
>   Kapur only for Gnus)?

Oh, sorry.  I'll investigate on those and try to get the CAs.  I didn't
check the status for them, because we only accept contributions
including CAs nowadays, but maybe those are old leftovers...

For the time being, I've delete the files from the elpa branch.

> Also why change copyright from FSF to Hidenobu Nabetani in tex-jp.el:
>
>    -;; Copyright (C) 1999, 2001-2007, 2012  Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>    +;; Copyright (C) 1999, 2001 Hidenobu Nabetani <address@hidden>
>    +;; Copyright (C) 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Free Software
> Foundation
>
> -- Stefan "Who just shortened some copyright year ranges in `elpa'"

I didn't really merge elpa/packages/auctex with the auctex CVS
repository (which is not so easy because the directory layout differs)
but just copied over the files from the new auctex release tarball.  But
now I'm going to merge your copyright header changes back to the auctex
CVS.

Bye,
Tassilo