Re: clang/emacs/ecb/semantic

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: clang/emacs/ecb/semantic
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2012 14:30:49 -0500

    > Do you mean, the entire parse tree in full detail?
    > Would it be conceivable to feed this into a nonfree back-end?
    > Would this mean that nonfree backends could take advantage
    > of our free front-ends?

    No. The output does not contain the actual body of functions, for
    instance. It is useful for knowing "what's the type of this global
    variable?", "where is this type defined?", "how many arguments has
    this function? what's their types?", "what's the data members of this
    struct?", "what's the methods of this class?" etc

In that case, it seems like a fine feature as far as I can see.

I will ask the GCC developers about it.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation