Re: document cygwin-convert-path-{from,to}-windows?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: document cygwin-convert-path-{from,to}-windows?
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 10:18:19 +0200

> From: Glenn Morris <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 22:39:58 -0500
>
> If the functions cygwin-convert-path-from-windows and
> cygwin-convert-path-to-windows need documenting in the manuals, please
> could someone do that? Maybe they don't, given that "Cygwin" essentially
> isn't mentioned anywhere in the manuals. On the other hand, if you feel
> that is a disservice, now is a chance to rectify it! :)

I think they do need to be documented: as time passes, they will be
more and more used in the sources.

I do have a gripe wrt their names: GNU coding standards frown upon
using "path" for anything but PATH-style lists of directories.  But my
comments about that at the time evidently weren't enough to convince
the guilty parties.