Re: Proposal to improve the nomenclature of scrolling directions

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Proposal to improve the nomenclature of scrolling directions
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 09:17:47 -0500

>>> I'll be happy if it does happen, of course.  One thing that would be
>>> much simpler is if the functionality is folded into the scrolling
>>> functions (as a customizable thing, of course), then a large part of
>> Yes, that's the way I'd like to see it, indeed.
> Without a post-display hook?  Then the display-engine may override it.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.  I'm just talking about
the fact that the code he has right now does something similar to
advising/redefining some functions (which is the only way to do it for
an external package), and I'd rather just change those functions in the
source code instead.

        Stefan