Re: Is the Cygw32 port ready for testing?

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Is the Cygw32 port ready for testing?
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 18:03:39 +0200

Ken Brown wrote:

It builds for me now.

It fails for me... (trunk rev. 110588):

[...]
checking whether localtime_r is compatible with its POSIX signature... yes
checking for library containing timer_settime... none required
checking for timer_settime... yes

Configured for `i686-pc-cygwin'.

Where should the build process find the source code? /home/angelo/work/emacs What compiler should emacs be built with? gcc -std=gnu99 -O3
  Should Emacs use the GNU version of malloc?             yes
  Should Emacs use a relocating allocator for buffers?    no
  Should Emacs use mmap(2) for buffer allocation?         yes
  What window system should Emacs use?                    w32
  What toolkit should Emacs use?                          none
  Where do we find X Windows header files?                Standard dirs
  Where do we find X Windows libraries?                   Standard dirs
  Does Emacs use -lXaw3d?                                 no
  Does Emacs use -lXpm?                                   yes
  Does Emacs use -ljpeg?                                  yes
  Does Emacs use -ltiff?                                  yes
  Does Emacs use a gif library?                           yes -lgif
  Does Emacs use -lpng?                                   yes
  Does Emacs use -lrsvg-2?                                no
  Does Emacs use imagemagick?                             no
  Does Emacs use -lgpm?                                   no
  Does Emacs use -ldbus?                                  yes
  Does Emacs use -lgconf?                                 no
  Does Emacs use GSettings?                               no
  Does Emacs use -lselinux?                               no
  Does Emacs use -lgnutls?                                yes
  Does Emacs use -lxml2?                                  yes
  Does Emacs use -lfreetype?                              no
  Does Emacs use -lm17n-flt?                              no
  Does Emacs use -lotf?                                   no
  Does Emacs use -lxft?                                   no
  Does Emacs use toolkit scroll bars?                     yes

checking that generated files are newer than configure... done
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
[...]
gcc -std=gnu99 -c -I/usr/include/noX -Demacs -I. -I/home/angelo/work/emacs/src -I../lib -I/home/angelo/work/emacs/src/../lib -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include -MMD -MF deps/lastfile.d -MP -I/usr/include/p11-kit-1 -O3 /home/angelo/work/emacs/src/lastfile.c
In file included from /home/angelo/work/emacs/src/image.c:2964:0:
/usr/include/X11/xpm.h:70:63: fatal error: simx.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Makefile:325: recipe for target `image.o' failed
make[2]: *** [image.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Attesa per i processi non terminati....
make[2]: uscita dalla directory "/home/angelo/work/emacs/Work/src"
Makefile:333: recipe for target `src' failed
make[1]: *** [src] Error 2
make[1]: uscita dalla directory "/home/angelo/work/emacs/Work"
Makefile:909: recipe for target `bootstrap' failed
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

Ciao,
  Angelo.