Re: Allow value of PRINT_CIRCLE to be modified from Elisp?

From: Toby Cubitt
Subject: Re: Allow value of PRINT_CIRCLE to be modified from Elisp?
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 16:04:51 +0200

On Tue, Oct 02, 2012 at 09:23:50AM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > It seems this fix didn't make it into the emacs-24 branch. Any reason?
>
> Mostly an accident, although I also wasn't completely sure it was
> a safe change.
> In any case, the emacs-24 branch should receive all of `trunk' in
> a month or so (we just froze the trunk), so it's a bit late to fix it.

Yup, I was aware of the feature freeze (but unfortunately didn't realise
the fix hadn't made the emacs-24 branch until today, when Donald pointed
it out).

Does this mean this fix won't make the 24.3 release, but will (probably)
make the 24.4 release?

If that's correct, I'll update the version number in the warning I added
to undo-tree (to warn people that persistent undo storage won't work in
Emacs versions lacking this fix).

Thanks,

Toby
--
Dr T. S. Cubitt
Mathematics and Quantum Information group

email: address@hidden
web:   www.dr-qubit.org