Re: Elisp native profiler

From: Ivan Andrus
Subject: Re: Elisp native profiler
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 20:58:20 +0200

On Sep 26, 2012, at 4:33 PM, Paul Eggert wrote:
> On 09/26/2012 12:39 AM, Tomohiro Matsuyama wrote:
>> OK, I'll use thread-specific timers in recent GNU/Linux systems
>> and use deliver_process_signal for older systems.
>
> While you're working on that, could you please have the code
> prefer timer_settime to setitimer if SIGEV_SIGNAL is
> defined?  That's how it's currently done in the Emacs trunk
> starting with bzr 110197.  We need to use timer_settime for
> thread-specific timers anyway, and it's better to use
> timer_settime for process timers too, on platforms where
> it's available.

This actually caused the build on OS X to break.  As near as I can tell after
searching online, OS X defines SIGEV_SIGNAL, but not timer_t.  I simply added
an #undef SIGEV_SIGNAL on my machine and the build succeeded.  This is
obviously not the correct solution, but I'm not sure what the correct solution
is since I'm not familiar with timer_t and friends.

-Ivan