Re: Speeding up parallel compilation

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Speeding up parallel compilation
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 10:30:08 -0400

> Yay, thus I must get one! BTW was that a dual AMD or Intel btw?

I think it's an Intel rig (based on the "12-cores vs 24-threads" and the
fact that I don't think AMD has multithreaded CPUs (they seem to prefer
sharing the FPU part (and sometimes the decoder) between 2 cores
instead)).
[ And the times are with
  "--enable-checking --enable-check-lisp-object-type". ]

Sadly, the machines I use most of the time are pretty far from that,
using low power net(book|top) CPUs, so bootstrapping takes more like
half an hour (so I work hard to avoid bootstrapping).

        Stefan