Re: Release tags

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Release tags
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 04:34:41 +0200

Tim Cross <address@hidden> writes:

[snip]

> An earlier post in this thread identifies the revision number where
> the emacs-24.2 version was merged back into the dev trunk, so I can
> achieve what I want using that revision number. The tag is a
> convenience, but not essential.

If you know the revision that corresponds to the emacs-24.2 tag
upstream, why don't you tag your private branch yourself?

You can create tags in your private checkouts as you please, although I
would not use a name that you know exists elsewhere, just in case.

BTW, in this case you are not interested on the merge revision that
incorporated the emacs-24 VC history intro `trunk', but on the revision
that comes from the emacs-24 branch and was tagged as `emacs-24.2'.