Re: Git to Bzr - what works?

From: Daniel Colascione
Subject: Re: Git to Bzr - what works?
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 21:02:48 -0700

On 8/16/2012 8:30 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> You can try `bzr rebase' instead, part of the `rewrite' plugin:
>
> FWIW, I've had no end of trouble with it.  It's clearly not nearly as
> robust as the rest of Bzr.

bzr rebase also doesn't support interactive rebasing. Interactive rebasing is
great for maintaining a patch set; it lets you squash patches together, change
patch descriptions, incorporate later fixes into earlier patches, and keep up to
date with changes to the underlying tree.

bzr doesn't have anything comparable. There's bzr loom, but after reading its
documentation, I think it's awkward compared to git's interactive rebasing ---
loom has special commands, while rebasing works with regular commit, merge, and
branch operations.