Re: Emacs Webapp/Plugin

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs Webapp/Plugin
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2012 17:01:56 -0400

    If chromium and chrome have the same app/plugin interface, then making
    Emacs (or anything else) use that interface is targeting an interface
    shared by _both_ free and non-free systems.

    In that case, objections that "we shouldn't add this support because
    it supports a non-free system" are not correct

I must disagree.  This is an issue of practical effects, not
principle.  If the practical effect is that Emacs does less, and is
partly replaced by Chrome, that's something we want to discourage
people from using.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation