Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r109306: Use an include file in c

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r109306: Use an include file in configure.ac's AH_BOTTOM
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 15:28:27 -0400

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Is this stuff going to be left in a separate header for the observable
> future?

I think so.

> What about SYSTEM_PURESIZE_EXTRA?  conf_post.h defines that for NS and
> Darwin; should I move the msdos.h definitions there as well?

I think it's up to you.

> Or what about NULL_DEVICE or SEPCHAR? should they be autoconfiscated

I think so (ditto USER_FULL_NAME, etc), then msdos could sed them.

AFAICS, however, unless you do some more complex sed stuff, you are
always going to need a separate msdos.h, due to 'define DOS_NT' etc. So
how much you want to remove from msdos.h is up to you. So probably the
config_opsysfile piece stays in conf_post.h just for the use of MS; not
a problem IMO.