Re: Emacs on OS X development

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs on OS X development
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 19:26:00 -0400

>>> This is a known issue, partly to do with how the event loop is
>>> implemented.  A smarter loop doubles the speed, but it is still slower
>>> than say X.
>> Does this issue have a bug number?  Any discussions on fixes that are
>> relevant?  A simple way to illustrate the problem?
> See 7761.

This bug number does not seem to discuss much this event-loop problem.
Is there some place where this problem is discussed?
I hope someone can try and tackle it, e.g. starting by comparing the
approach used currently in the NS port compared to the X, Gtk, Windows
or Mac ports, so as to devise a plan.

        Stefan