Re: Emacs on OS X development

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Emacs on OS X development
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 18:15:40 -0500

>> We have an existing body of code that it seems no one is excited to maintain,
>> and a fork that at least one person is very eager to maintain.

> Bugs do get fixed in the NS port.  I use it on OSX every weekday (at work),
> so I try to fix bugs.  Others do too from time to time.  In the last 6
> months or so, I'd say that the NS port has gotten as much attention as the
> Gtk+ port.  Granted that the NS-port may have had more problems to begin
> with.

But do we have a "leader" for the NS port, somebody in charge of that piece
willing to drive it toward perfection?  Fixing bugs as they come up is great,
but will only solve the problems for which there are reproducible bugs.  Is NS
improving in other ways?

Mac-port is gaining new capabilities with each release.  It already had
excellent fullscreen support, now it has swiping gestures and great scrolling
too.

John