Re: Sponsoring features in F/OSS projects

From: immanuel litzroth
Subject: Re: Sponsoring features in F/OSS projects
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 12:56:40 +0200

I don't see why they wouldn't be willing to pay for long term stuff, especially if
they get to set the amount and don't have to pay until that is fully delivered...
Hell, here is 10$ towards full usable C++ code browsing support in emacs...
Immanuel

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Tom <address@hidden> wrote:
> Looks like somebody took the initiatve and created a site
> for that:
>
> "We love open source, but sometimes, development goes slower than we
> would like it to. We want to help improve that. We'll tell you how."
>
> Click the arrow on the right side to see how it works:
>
> http://www.freedomsponsors.com/

My impression is that users would be willing to pay for quick fixes
that way, but not for complicated development. If I am correct, what
would that mean for long term goals?