RE: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r108646: * minibuffer.el(read-fil

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r108646: * minibuffer.el(read-file-name-default): Bind `non-essential' to `t'.
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 06:16:13 -0700

> It looks like a bug. But I cannot reproduce it. Scenario:
>
> emacs -Q
> (require 'icomplete)
> (setq icomplete-with-completion-tables
>       (append icomplete-with-completion-tables
>       '(read-file-name-internal)))
> (icomplete-mode 1)
>
> C-x C-f /ssh:localhost:
>                       ^ no problem
>                        <TAB>
>                        ^ a new connection is established
> That's expected.

Yes, that's what I would expect.

1. I'm on Windows.  This is missing at the beginning of the recipe:

M-x load-file c:/path/to/cygwin-mount.el
M-x load-file c:/path/to/setup-cygwin.el

2. And you left this out, Michael:

(setq tramp-default-method "ftp")

3. And the last step is this (no ssh):

C-x C-f /foobar.baztoto.com:
                           ^ Tramp asks for the password

(At that point, even C-g won't exit the minibuffer, presumably because Icomplete
does its thing again on post-command-hook (?).  I need to do C-] to exit.)

That's using 24.1 (the release).

> Drew, could you, please, check again when the recent
> Windows binaries arrive?

Will do.  Hopefully that will be in a week or so.  Thanks for working on this.

In the latest version I have, nothing at all happens when I type `:' or when I
then type TAB after the `:' - GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of
2012-06-18 on MARVIN.