Re: Proposal: immediate strings

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Proposal: immediate strings
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 14:50:30 +0900

Ken Raeburn <address@hidden> writes:
> FWIW, there used to be a GCC extension that caused the ternary
> operator to be an lvalue if both the second and third operands were
> lvalues.  I'm not sure when it was removed; possible in 4.0, which
> might be old enough that we can ignore it...

It can be ignored, I think -- after all, the presence of that
extension won't cause any miscompiles, but will merely result in a
failure to diagnose a potential problem should the user change some
code that uses those macros.  So as long as enough active Emacs
developers use non-ancient versions of gcc, there's really no
problem...

-miles

--
... reality itself is blind unintelligent force, and it is only a fluke,
it is only as a result of pure chances, that resulting from the