Re: BEGIN_SRC..END_SRC

From: Yann Hodique
Subject: Re: BEGIN_SRC..END_SRC
Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 20:20:09 +0200

> Yann Hodique <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> Note that it's the reason why my initial proposal was based on inline
>> multipart alternative. Providing a MIME fallback that any MUA should
>> recognize (such as text/plain) should increase vastly the chances of
>> proper formatting. At least GMail behaves "correctly" when the
>> text/plain alternative is provided.
>>

> Yes, and gmx displays text/plain alternatives as well (although it also
> includes the text as an attachment).  Unfortunately when the text/plain
> alternative is provided Gnus does *not* fontify the text/x-sh preferred
> alternative but instead renders the plain text -- which sort of defaults
> the purpose of the whole exercise.

Really ? that sounds like a gnus bug then. I mean, if the text/plain
alternative is positioned correctly (meaning *first*), and there's no
fancy customization of `mm-discouraged-alternatives', the text/x-sh one
should indeed be preferred.
At least it worked as expected with the application/emacs-lisp pieces.

Yann.

--
Nature commits no errors; right and wrong are human categories.

  -- PARDOT KYNES, Arrakis Lectures