Re: DVCSes, bug trackers, and GNUness

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: DVCSes, bug trackers, and GNUness
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 15:52:07 -0400

2012/4/25 Glenn Morris <address@hidden>:
> Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
>
>> It's the decision everyone hated but taken only because of GNUness.
>
> I didn't hate it, so you don't speak for me.
> I hate the endlessly repeated, non-productive whining about it.
>
> BTW:
>
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/savane-cleanup
> "This project is not part of the GNU Project."
>
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/p/savane
> "This project is not part of the GNU Project."

Yeah, but Savannah is hosted on gnu.org and runs Savane. If slapping
the GNU name on the project is all it takes (e.g. R and Gnome are also
"GNU", despite acting almost nothing like GNU), I'm sure it wouldn't
be too difficult to convince the Savane authors to slap the same label
on Savane, since it's already pretty much mostly used by GNU.

- Jordi G. H.