Re: Another bug in CC Mode's state cache.

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Another bug in CC Mode's state cache.
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 07:19:43 +0000

Hi, Stefan,

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 10:30:14PM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > This clearly isn't a "regression".  Would it nevertheless be OK to
> > install this fix in the Emacs 24 branch?

> Since it's not a regression, I'd rather not put it on the
> `emacs-24' branch.

OK.  I'll put it into the trunk.

>         Stefan "who found your explanation scary"

Hmm.  The code for that cache _is_ somewhat scary.  I thought my
explanation was quite clear.

Funnily enough, the bug only shows itself very rarely.  I could only
reproduce it in the CC Mode branch I was working on.  A corrupt state
cache makes its presence felt very quickly.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).