Re: Suggestion / feature request

From: Carlos Aguilar
Subject: Re: Suggestion / feature request
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 19:15:28 +0200

I have found a simple test "by hand" that works. Initial conditions : two files file1.pdf and file2.pdf with 101 pages and only a small difference in page 85.

time (mkdir file1_burst; cd file1_burst; pdftk ../file1.pdf burst; cd ..
mkdir file2_burst; cd file2_burst; pdftk ../file2.pdf burst
for I in pg*; do echo $I; diff -a $I ../file1_burst/$I|grep -v 'BaseFont\|FontName\|Creator\|Info\|...c...\|\-\-\-\|..c..'; done
cd .. ; rm -Rf file1_burst; rm -Rf file2_burst)

pg_0001.pdf
pg_0002.pdf
pg_0003.pdf
pg_0004.pdf
pg_0005.pdf
.
.
.
pg_0084.pdf
pg_0085.pdf
< xڅT�n�0
         ��W�(5CQ��^
< 0000059304 00000 n
> 0000059305 00000 n
< 0000059402 00000 n
< 0000059466 00000 n
< 0000059513 00000 n
> 0000059403 00000 n
> 0000059467 00000 n
> 0000059514 00000 n
< 59672
> 59673
pg_0086.pdf
pg_0087.pdf
pg_0088.pdf
pg_0089.pdf
pg_0090.pdf
pg_0091.pdf
pg_0092.pdf
pg_0093.pdf
pg_0094.pdf
pg_0095.pdf
pg_0096.pdf
pg_0097.pdf
pg_0098.pdf
pg_0099.pdf
pg_0100.pdf
pg_0101.pdf

real    0m7.009s
user    0m6.160s
sys    0m0.210s

This can probably be optimized much. The only page for which there is a difference is the one with a change. Doc-view reconversion needs in the same computer 20 seconds.

Cheers,

Carlos