Re: Kickstarter for Emacs

From: Tom
Subject: Re: Kickstarter for Emacs
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 13:47:45 +0000 (UTC)

Tassilo Horn <tassilo <at> member.fsf.org> writes:

> Not sure how well that works right now, but that might be a rather cheap
> option to catch up on Java support in Emacs.  The downside of this
> approach is of course that you still need Eclipse...

Yes, this is also an option which needs much less time to effort
to implement, though I think people were much less likely to fund
such a solution if they would still need to use Eclipse.

So this implementation would be more like a best effort, "working on it
in my free time" version than full time, crowdfunded version.